It has been a little more than six months since I got into card making and blogging and for the first time ever, I got selected a winner for a blog challenge!! Can’t help but flaunt the badge :P, so here goes!!
I got super excited and even went on to create a new page named ‘Badges’ 😛 Now I have a place to collect many more such, which I hope to receive in future. With all the inspiring people around, I guess it is inevitable! 🙂
That said, today, I decided to use a stamp which was the very ‘first’ stamp I ever purchased. Hmm…thats a lot of ‘firsts’ in a single blog post.. I was actually placing an order on Amazon and wanted a few more dollars to be eligible for a free delivery, and that is when I came across this cute pattern. I knew nothing about stamping but went on to order one. After receiving the order, I never really made use of it since I did not have an ink pad to stamp it with. It eventually got lost in my box of miscellaneous stuff. I stumbled upon this stamp today and decided to put it to use. Since all the images were in a single piece, I ended up cutting them into 9 pieces (one cupcake each) and using it in a card. Below is how it turned out.
It is a little messy and I had to use white ink to hide certain smudges (and I clearly see I didn’t do a good job!). Embossed the sentiment using Hampton art® clear stamps and used a vellum paper that came from DCWV®’s paper pad called ‘Crispy Luxury’.
1. 65lb Recollections® White Card stock paper
2. Pattern paper from DCWV® – ‘Crispy Luxury’ & CratePaper® – ‘Bloom’
3. Embossing powder – White, Super fine detail from Ranger®
4. Color Box® Petal point : Pigment inks
5. Clear stamps from Hampton art® (Sentiments)
I would like to enter this card in following challenges:
- Seize the Birthday! Challenge: “Anything Goes” Birthday
- Challenge #227 Make Your Mark
- W&W 3rd Birthday Bash | Bright Colours Challenge with Lydia
- CAS(E) this Sketch #207
Every single page view of this blog makes me smile and I hope to keep smiling!! Thank you so much for stopping by!