Wanting to use this Lawn Fawn® stamp set and Koi® water brush purchased long ago, I decided to go for a card with water coloured background.
Embossed the water melon image randomly over a piece of watercolor paper and heat embossed with white embossing powder. Used lots of water and hints of Crimson, blue hue and sap green water colors for the background. On a scrap piece of pink paper, I stamped the trail of ants and stuck another piece of paper with the sentiment as though one of the ants was holding up the sign. Clearly, I dint have a stamp for the sentiment and decided to keep it hand written. Too avoid it from being too plain, I used the border dies from MFT for the pink paper strip. Below is a photo of the card.
1. 65lb Recollections® White Card stock paper
2. Clear stamps from Lawn Fawn® – Happy Summer
3. My Favorite Things® – BASIC STITCH LINES – Die-namics Die Set
4. Regular water colors
5. Watercolor paper from Canson® XL Watercolor 9″ x 12″ 30-Sheet Paper Pad
6. Memento® Tuxedo ink
7. Koi® water brush
9. Embossing powder fro Ranger®
I would like to enter this card in following challenges:
- HLS February Watercolour Challenge
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Cute
- Crafty Creations Challenge #334 – Anything Goes
- Penny Black Challenge – February – Use your favourite stamp
Thanks for stopping by!