This was never supposed to turn into a card. When I ended up with star shaped stencils while die cutting for the previous card and with all my Distress inks out, I decided to stencil some with inks I rarely use. It went on and I created a piece with many multi-coloured starts overlapping one another. It looked bright and beautiful, but I did not have a sentiment that went well.
A day later, I stumbled upon this sentiment from Lawn Fawn®’s Fairy friends 🙂 To add some more magic, I die cut the star with the pierced border, gave it a gold coating with Perfect Pearls and flicked some on to the rest of the background. Added a small shaker element using some acetate from package and sequins. Chose to stamp the sentiment on to velum paper to tone down the colors around it. Now, it looked magical!!
With all the colors appearing unintentionally on my cards, I guess spring is not too far! 😀
1. 110 lb Neena® Bright White Card stock paper
2. Tim Holtz® Distress inks – Chipped Sapphire, Seedless preserve, Picked Raspberry, Mermaid Lagoon, Abandoned Coral, Fossilized Amber, Mowed Lawn, Mustard Seed, Pine Needles
3. Clear stamps from Lawn Fawn® (Fairy friends)
4. Perfect Gold from Perfect Pearls Ranger®
5. Nellie’s® Multi Frame Dies – Star 3
6. My Favorite Things® – BASIC STITCH LINES – Die-namics Die Set
8. Random sequins and Vellum paper
I wish to submit this card to the following challenges:
- HLS March CAS Challenge
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Make Your Own background
- Freshly Made Sketches #278 – A Sketch by Jen M.
- CAS Game #85 – Oscar Red Carpet
- HLS March Anything Goes with Dies
Thanks so much for stopping by!